The Cuba Sustainable Energy Forum 2018 is jointly organised by the Ministry of Energy and Mines of the Republic of Cuba and the European Union.
The Forum has two main objectives:
- For the Cuban authorities to present their new energy and foreign investment policies along with the portfolio of investment opportunities in the fields of renewable energy and energy efficiency in Cuba;
- For the EU to showcase technologies and lessons learnt from the European experience and present the range of available financing instruments in Cuba.
The forum will take place on the occasion of the Cuba International Renewable Energies Trade Fair to be held on 30-31 January 2018, organised by Grupo Empresarial PALCO and Fira Barcelona Internacional at the Pabexpo Exhibition Centre, Habana.
In order to achieve the ambitious 2030 goals described in the Development Perspective of Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Efficiency (“Política para el Desarrollo Perspectivo de las Fuentes Renovables y el Uso Eficiente de la Energía”), Cuba is calling foreign investors to take a serious look at the investment opportunities on offer as included in the “CUBA: Portfolio of Opportunities for Foreign Investment 2016-2017” which includes renewable energy project opportunities in wind, solar PV, hydro and biomass. The Cuban Government:
- Provides projects that are ready for implementation and fully permitted
- Guarantees the purchase of all generated energy, on a priority basis
- Offers long-term power purchase agreements with negotiated market prices
The organisers of the event offer a targeted matchmaking meeting facilitation between potential foreign investors and the relevant Cuban project negotiators.
Also, the EU is anticipating the provisional application of the Political Dialogue and Cooperation Agreement between the EU and Cuba supporting, among other areas, the sustainable energy sector. A new convergence of interests between the EU and Cuba now exists and the EU has an important leading role to play.
Energy companies (including manufacturers and technology providers, developers, investors)
Financiers / funds
EU Member States
The Forum will take place in the framework of the Cuba International Renewable Energies Trade Fair, 30-11 January 2018, organised by: